Simple but brimming with personality, easy wave curtains from Spiffy Spools are an exercise in restraint. Offering a beautiful, tailored look, wave curtains glide gently along a track, each fold falling evenly and perfectly into position.
A few items of note:
– Wave curtains need specialty hardware. We strongly advise choosing your hardware ahead of your drapery order with us. Please note we do NOT provide or sell hardware.
– Unless specified separately, all wave curtains & drapes are stitched as a pair. If you’d like single, one-way draw panels, please note under the special instructions box at time of checkout.
– Under width selecction, please provide exact width of your wave hardware track, NOT width of panels. Our stylists and tailors will calculate panel widths based on track widths.
If you’re wondering if this style is for you, read on for top reasons this simple style has become designers’ hot favourite in recent years.
Uniform fall and pleats. The ultra-even folds of wave curtains are architecturally stunning, offering a clean, sleek look inside the room and from outside. Curtains are sewn with a snap tape on top hem, and each snap connects to a carrier on the wave track. Since the snaps and carriers are at equal distance, the mechanism keeps the ripples at exact equal distance, giving drapes a uniform fall and a flawlessly consistent look every time!
Minimum stack, maximum light. Since wave curtains stack back to the very end of the pole, they take less stackback space when open, exposing more window/glass than conventional pleated drapery. This allows more light to filter in. For clients looks to minimise stackback area, we recommend choosing sheers or other lightweight fabrics and keeping them unlined if possible.
Perfect for prints: While simple sheers and monochrome textured fabrics are most popular in this style, wave curtains are uniquely well suited for contemporary prints. Because of the symmetrical nature of its undulating ripples, the style brings the same consistency to how a print pattern looks when gathered, minimising ‘pattern distortion’.
Minimal and modern. Clients looking to dress up a formal room in a modern decor setting often struggle to find the right window treatment. Most pinch pleat treatments are too traditional, while styles such as grommet top or tab top, etc. are too casual. In these cases, wave curtains are often the answer. From light Scandi living rooms to dark, moody dining rooms, this simple style can bring drama to any space without the extravagant pleating.
SPIFFY TIP #1: Under width specification for easy wave curtains, we do *not* require finished width for your panels. Under this selection, please provide exact width of your wave track. Our stylists and tailors will calculate panel widths based on track widths.
SPIFFY TIP #2: To measure length for wave curtains, please measure from ‘underside/bottom’ of your hardware track to desired end point. This should be the final length provided to us in your custom order specifications. The finished length you supply us with is the exact measurement the drapery fabric will be made to, without any adjustments.
SPIFFY TIP #3: “Length Fraction” in our specification form above refers to ‘part inch’ measurements. For example, if you’d like to order curtains that are 86.50 inches inches long, please choose “86” under “Length” specification and “1/2″ (.50 inch)” under “Length Fraction” dropdown.
Curtains, Roman Shades, Valances, Dining & Bed Linen: Window treatments and dining/bed linen orders are targeted for dispatch within two weeks. We use DHL or Aramex with typical transit time of 3-5 days. Majority of our clients receive their packages within three weeks from date of order, but if our pipeline happens to be busy – especially during holiday season – we do ask for your patience and aim for delivery in four weeks.
*Some drapes and roman shades with trims *may* take up to six weeks as our trims are sourced from Turkey & London, thereby adding to our processing timeline in some instances.
Swatches & Fabrics by Yard: Fabric samples and fabric bought by yard are typically delivered within 5 days of order.
Cushion Covers, Tiebacks, Dining Napkins & Placemats: We do NOT sell pillow covers, tie backs, dining napkins or placemats standalone. These accessories are sold and dispatched only as part of window treatment orders. Please see above for applicable timelines accordingly.
If there are any delays due to non-availability of fabric, or holds by customs officials for inspection, we will write to you as soon as possible.
- We do NOT deliver to PO Box numbers so please provide non-PO delivery address at checkout.
- All import duties and taxes – *except VAT imposed by UAE* – are included in our prices for shipments to UAE. Buyers are solely responsible for paying any VAT once the shipment reaches UAE.
- All our products require a signature for proof of delivery. After three delivery attempts, if no one is available to sign for delivery or the package is not collected from the depot, the shipment is returned to sender. We do NOT bear cost of return/refund in this scenario, and therefore request our clients to accept within the carrier’s timeframe.